Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thoughts on Pregnancy

The current ones in a bullet-point list:
  • Everyone was right in saying that feeling Little Critter move makes all the first trimester grossness worth every minute.
  • The semi-regular naps are wonderful however...
  • Sleep is never without crazy dreams. A few nights ago I dreamt that my brother's law firm was involved in some illegal acts. My whole family found out, so the firm tried to bribe us. The only bribes I remember were free rounds of golf for life for my dad and a shopping spree at Victoria Secret for me - but the store only sold Crocs in kid sizes.
  • Garlic bread has never tasted so good, which is strange since garlic was NOT MY FRIEND a few months ago. Also, Little Critter really likes strawberries.
  • Wow, there is A LOT of stuff that a baby needs - and that's with us definitely not planning on getting everything that "they" say you need.
  • My mom advised me that I should begin preparing for motherhood by working on my relationship with spiders. Living in Bangladesh and especially basements in BC have made the little spiders easy to kill, but big ones? I am trying. The shrieks are no longer coming out of my mouth. Plus, there is a large spider currently living underneath my bedside table who I am trying to live peacefully with. [There's no way I'm going to kill that monster!]
  • I look forward to sleeping on my stomach again someday.
  • We finally have a doctor. I do wonder, though, why it takes a pregnant woman two weeks to find a doctor when she lives in the fifth largest city of North America.
  • Why has no one invented prenatal ice cream? It would be so much more fun to take than pills!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would eat garlic bread with you, C and Little Critter!

-Katie

Millie said...

There's just nothing like feeling your little critter kicking and squirming inside you!

~ Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch ~
E.B.White

Love you!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

So, I'm a bit confused about your actual relationship with spiders. If they provoke shrieks this must mean that you are not fond of them, but then. . . why is it better to live with one than to grab a piece of TP and flush it as quickly as possible? (Shrieking all the while)

PS Congratulations on finding a Dr!