Friday, February 11, 2011

Time with Noni and Papa

To call my mom's visit of 2 weeks a blessing would be a huge understatement. The three of us had fun together while we awaited for Little Critter's arrival - doing crosswords, visiting the Bata Shoe Museum, chatting, watching Parenthood, going out for pizza and pastries, shopping, etc. Then the contractions began, and again it was so nice to have her present. Without her, John would have been one exhausted soul and I'm not sure I would have made it as long as I did.

Then Helena arrived, and again my mom was needed! She washed all the dishes, cooked all the meals, fetched the locally-baked bread, washed all the pumping machinery (seems like the appropriate word!), stayed up late with me while Helena nursed, continued to do crossword puzzles, and so much more. Plus she paid attention to Helena :)

Mom, thanks for coming.

We also had a great time with my Dad. He came for the last three days, and while he only got to leave our neighborhood once, it seemed like he enjoyed his time! For your enjoyment, here are a few pics of Helena with her Noni and Papa.

A New Family Member!

Papa and His Love for Babies' Non-Calussed Feet Continues

Helena's First Art Project

The Crossword Queen Multi-Tasking

Noni & Helena with Helena's Baby Quilt (made by Noni)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

who's Noni? I think you are getting o confused with a.

Sarah said...

I love the quilt! It's beautiful! What was Helena's first art project?

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure it's Nani, not Noni, can't change it now