Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Parent Birthday

There's a famous family story that is always told on my birthday - and it has nothing to do with me [the shame :)]. My mom was having a schedule c-section, so she couldn't eat anything. Despite my mom's necessary fast, my Nana brought a dozen donuts into the waiting room, and she & my dad cruelly enjoyed the donuts while my mom watched. I didn't know until this year that Nana also brought donuts to my older siblings! But this year my sister had an interesting insight into the donut story. Twenty-two years later, I married a donut lover! Coincidence - who knows?!?

Please notice the sweater Helena's wearing - I wore it when I was little -
and not all the candles on the chocolate cheesecake!

Anyways, I had a birthday this past week. As a parent, my birthday involved my child a lot: who I shared my breakfast in bed with, who I spent the day with, who was the biggest factor when it came to choosing a place for dinner, who "blew" my candles out with me, who opened my presents and who played with my presents. And it was SO MUCH FUN.

Putting in and taking out - a great use for a silicon muffin pan!

No comments: