Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Prince Charles & Camilla

Prince Charles and Camilla are in Toronto for the day, part of the tour through Canada for the Diamond Jubilee.  They were going to be in Queen's Park (Parliament) at 10:10 this morning so Helena & I headed over.


Knowing that I had a toddler with me, I was hoping for a glance of the two of them.  So when they started walking our way, I picked her up and we I strained to see over people's heads.  But then the excitement got everyone to push move closer and we were at the rope!


So I stuck out my hand and shook his!
I have to admit I was a bit in awe, 
looking straight at the future King of England while he looked straight at me.


Camilla also came along the rope.  She has a very ladylike British accent.


Helena had fun waving the flags that were handed out and clapping along with everyone else. 

I had a lot of fun being part of it.  A life-altering event, no, but still very exciting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so, so cool! never wash your hand again... :) like that's possible as a mommy. :)
Lorina