Monday, April 8, 2013

John's Going-Ons

While I get to spend most of my time hanging out with Helena, my husband is a busy man.  He's not one of my regular blog subjects, so I'm changing that today.

He's finishing up all the marking from the first class he's ever taught - "The Messiah in Ancient Judaism."  It's been a fun term for the two of us, as I've been able to understand/share/empathize/advise in his teaching activities.  Believe it or not, I'm not able to do much of that when he's in the midst of studying how to use the Septuagint to help figure out what the original Hebrew was in the Old Testament.  (Okay, and to completely illustrate how I'm barely able to communicate with him with those ideas, I'll admit that he had to help me write that sentence, as my first and second go at it were "not quite right"!)

His favorite home activity is building with Duplos.  It's something new almost every day, and if he likes it, he takes photos of it.  Here's his locomotive:



He's also getting Helena interested in Wind in the Willows.  Part of her love for it could be the fact that a main character is a badger, which happens to be the mascot for John's & Helena's favorite sports team - the Wisconsin Badgers of course.


And he's growing facial hair.  Today is Day 6. He's promised to shave it off before the baby's arrival, so it will probably be around for 11 more weeks.

Any questions about the man of the post?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no pictures of the facial hair? no fun. also, why shave it off? no fun either

The Werners said...

You should make a book with the pictures of his creations. :) Miss you guys!