Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Big Girl

A few days ago Helena ate lunch without a bib.  I had no idea how impactful this was going to be for her but it was huge.  Throughout lunch she said at least 15 times, "Look Mommy, no bib. I'm a big girl,"  or "I'm a big girl Benjamin, so I don't wear a bib" - all while puffing out her chest to show us the absence of the bib!


Then today we were shopping and she was doing such a good job listening to her mommy.  We stopped for a snack and I asked if Helena wanted to hold Benjamin.  Immediately after putting him next to her, she patted her chest and said "I'm holding him without a pillow.  I'm a BIG girl!"


So cute.  Too bad the idea of being a big girl and using the potty isn't as exciting to her...

2 comments:

anika said...

She is getting big- but oh my! Benjamin is looking so big and cuddly too. Wish I could cuddle both of them. (Anika)

Charlotte and John said...

Anika, Benjamin weighed 12 lbs. 2 oz. at 1 month. He is a big boy! I wish you could cuddle them too - especially since that means we'd get to see you guys!