Monday, January 20, 2014

Shopping as a Fam

One thing I was amazed at when I became a mom was the amount of shopping suddenly required of me.  No longer was it just grocery shopping and occasional household item shopping, with the fun clothing expedition thrown into the mix.  It still included those things, and more often, but it also includes clothes, shoes, and miscellaneous items for the kids too.

I remember talking to my mom when Helena was 9 months old, and saying I felt like I was shopping every single week for Helena!  Her response: "Get used to it, Charlotte."

Helena asked to have her photo taken here with her friends.  Can you find her?

And I have.  But over the holiday break, I was treated to a very fun shopping expedition with my family.  When it's -20 outside in the city, where do you go to help your little girl get some energy out?  We - including John! - spent a day at the mall.

Surprisingly, we all had a lot of fun.  I've learned a trick for shopping with John & kids - have lots of snacks available :)  And it wasn't really meant to be a day of shopping, but we did get some shopping done too.


No comments: