Monday, October 26, 2015

Laundry

John commented this morning that our house is very British.  When I asked why, he said, "Because we have towels hanging everywhere!"

It's true - as soon as we're done with breakfast, we turn off the extra radiator and throw a wet towel on it to help it dry.  If the sun comes out and I'm not planning on doing laundry that day, the towels get put on the line to help them dry and to just air them out.  After the kids take a bath at night, their towels get hung on the railing upstairs to dry out.  Helena commented on the kitchen stinking a couple days ago.  Why was it stinky?  I'd washed towels but it was raining so they were hung up in the kitchen.  There's just nothing like the smell of wet towels - even clean ones!

But I don't really mind.  I'm just loving having a washing machine right in our house.  It's so nice not having to take at least 6 elevator rides to do laundry!  Plus, I have the greatest helper to hang up the socks.

2 comments:

Barb said...

I love the technique! And so serious. What a sweetheart.

Sonia said...

I'm so glad you have a clothes line! I've loved ours here. Hopefully, you will have some sunny days once in a while too.