Monday, February 29, 2016

Third Time Around

The news is out - or at least should be out by now - we're adding to our family with baby #3 at the end of June! 

Helena & Benjamin are incredibly excited. Helena asks me questions regularly about the baby - 'How long is the baby's hair?' or 'Do you think she'd like to sleep in my room?  I will take care of her at night.' Benjamin is currently all about pretending the baby is crying and then coming over and hugging & kissing the baby. John is elated to be having another girl, yet he & Benjamin have already made their own family boy's group called 'Team Snuggle'.

For me, this pregnancy has been a really different experience. While very happy about having another baby, I just didn't feel excitement. But I think I've figured that out - from almost the beginning, we were pretty sure we were going to find out the gender; then when we did find out, it was like someone had hit the excitement switch because immediately I was so excited. I think knowing that we were going to find out caused me to unconsciously put everything on hold until the 20-week ultrasound. It's now 18 weeks to go and I can't wait!

1 comment:

The Werners said...

So exciting! You guys make adorable kids, so no doubt she will be a cutie.