Monday, February 23, 2009

Ice Fishing - John


OK, I don't know who you are, or how you know me... but you probably know that I don't do a lot of ice-fishing (or fishing in general), and that I REALLY don't do snowmobiling. If you're one of my high-school buddies, cut me a little slack as you read on. I haven't turned into a hick!

Last weekend, I got to go farther north in BC with a few guys from church. The purpose was to ice-fish. It was really nice to get out into nature, to go pretty far away from any big towns (about 6 hours from home), and to get to know the guys more. I did ride (but didn't drive) a snowmobile, and I even enjoyed it, but it was with the express purpose of getting to the lake where the fishing was done!


That part of BC is really beautiful. Unlike most of BC where we've been, there weren't any mountains. It reminded me of northern Minnesota with a lot of trees and lakes, but the hills are larger.


I didn't catch any fish. However, I played a bit of pool, which was fun. The highlight of the trip may have been when I jumped the cue-ball over the eight-ball, down the table, and knocked the four-ball into the corner pocket.


View Larger Map

No comments: