Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Meatball Exchange

Wednesday night at home group a friend asked if I wanted to have a meatball exchange with her. We planned on her coming over to make meatballs the next day, and after work her husband would join us for dinner - we might as well eat some meatballs too!

The funny thing is I came home thinking, "Okay, we've got potatoes for mashed potatoes. I need to figure something out for gravy and some green vegetable." You know, Swedish meatballs! The next afternoon, about an hour before she came over, I realized that maybe she was thinking spaghetti and meatballs. Since I had the ingredients for both, I decided to not say anything, but rather just listen closely to our conversation. When she called a little later saying she was going to the grocery store and should she pick up a baguette for garlic bread, I knew what she was thinking. Oh, what a Minnesotan I am!

What kinds of meatballs did we make?
2 lb. of ground turkey meatballs to go with spaghetti
2 lb. of sweet and sour meatballs (delicious recipe from the Mommsen cookbook)
2 lb. of cocktail meatballs

We split the first two kinds of meatballs for our freezers. The cocktail meatballs were for a shower she is going to. Now we're both trying to think of another exchange we can do together. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Millie said...

Mmmmm.....
How about egg rolls?