Monday, May 25, 2009

The spouse is away...

John went to MN last Friday to celebrate with his cousin, J.J., and J.J.'s (now) wife, Soo. I'm so glad he could go. The last time we saw his grandmother was almost two years ago, so it was definitely time for him to give her a hug! Plus he has missed his family a lot.

While he's been gone, I've tried to keep myself busy. Here are ten things I've done since he left:

1) Spent six hours on trying to find the hole in our air mattress. I've tried the soap suds trick, the toilet paper trick, and the colored-water trick. Any new ideas?
2) Left every dirty dish in the sink. Yes, I have not had to do dishes once since John left. I have rinsed every dish well, so there isn't any food sitting in them. But really, you just don't cook much when you're used to two and there's only one! (Sorry if that really grossed you out, but I just had to include it.)
3) Completed Handle with Care, Jodi Picoult's latest book.
4) Made 10 cards!
5)Watched the movie P.S. I Love You. Pretty good movie - but it was a bad idea to watch a movie about a wife whose husband dies and the grief process that follows. I didn't know that was what it was about when I started watching!
6) Taken three 2-hour naps.
7) Accidentally left the milk carton on the kitchen table after breakfast this morning. And this was after I had the dream that John left the ice cream pail out all night and I got really mad at him. Yes, the milk has been poured down the sink and the sink thoroughly rinsed out.
8) Spent an hour in Sears. All the stationery & cards were 75% off, so I had to take advantage of that!
9) Talked to my mom via Skype multiple times :)
10) Planned our summer garden.

Like I said earlier, I'm glad John got to go to MN. But I'm ready for you to come home, honey!

3 comments:

Our family... said...

My idea about the air mattress... buy a new one. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to be home, babe!

-John

Sarah said...

Charlotte - Sounds like you had a busy few days without your sweet hubby! (Thanks for sharing him - we sure enjoyed seeing him again, we missed you though!)

PS I love the new photo on your sidebar!