Monday, May 18, 2009

Work

So I wrote about getting a new job over a week ago, but I never gave any information about it (thanks for asking, Millie!). This summer I'll be teaching ESL at TWU. They have a great program there that prepares students for future attendance at an English-speaking university. My students are at the beginning stages of their English, and they'll be taking their Listening & Speaking classes with me. The first week has gone well.

John is also working this summer! He has a handful of part-time jobs. He is T.A.ing a course on the Dead Sea Scrolls in May and June. Not only is all of his book knowledge utilized for that job but also his computer smarts, as the course is through the internet. He is doing syntactical analysis (similar to sentence diagramming) of some biblical Dead Sea Scrolls for a second job. The third is taking Dead Sea Scrolls that have never been typed into a computer document and doing just that with them!

God has really blessed us this summer with employment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great negative inversion! ("Not only is all of his book knowledge..." and notice that the coordinating phrase also has inversion, which would be more obvious if the verb weren't elided. "but also 'are' his computer smarts..." or would you say "but also his computer smarts 'are utilized'..." hmm...I think the also may be affecting things as well.)

ANYWAY...it is good to hear about your jobs! Charlotte I am glad your first week has gone well and John I would be interested to hear more about your syntactic analysis.

Sonia