Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Week in MN, sans John

While John was busy keeping our home together, I was off in MN for my friend's wedding and some time with the fam. It was so good. Not really knowing Mandy's now-husband prior to the four days before the wedding, I loved getting to help with the last minute details and getting to know Adam better. Mandy and Adam are a great fit for each other. It was also Mandy's mom's birthday, so we took some time out to celebrate at Red Lobster.


One of Mandy's personal attendants, Heather, was a fellow cross-country skier in our high school days. It was great hanging out with her again. Here we are getting pedicures before the big event!


Doesn't Mandy look beautiful?


Other people I reconnected with at the wedding were Peggy Martinez, her daughter Amy, and Amy's husband Jon. Before they moved from Bemidji, my family spent TONS of time with them! Here's Peggy and my wonderful mom.


The second half of my MN time was spent up north. A few highlights: helping my mom and dad clear dead trees from their property ... (Living in a basement suite, I miss yard work!) ...


...and seeing Rob hit a home run at his softball game!

1 comment:

Guntzel Girls said...

Hey Charlotte! Great picture of my dad's back :-)! It was fun to see you at the softball game, if only for a few minutes! Glad you made it home safely!

~Amy~