Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Skagit Valley Tulip Festival

Spring has sprung, and that means the tulips are blooming in Mount Vernon, Washington. We headed south on Monday and saw this:


It's pretty interesting to drive down a road and suddenly see a large pink or purple field in the distance. In the morning we were also able to see the Olympic Mountains, as seen below far above (and past) the field of daffodils.


I, of course, needed to get in amongst the flowers a little bit! Some of them smelled heavenly but most had no smell. Typical tulips.


Here are our favorites of the day - the Pink Impression tulip (above), the Pheasant Eye daffodil (below),


and a tulip named Seattle.


Aren't the colors absolutely stunning?


Call me crazy but the sight of a field after all the tulips had been cut was the prettiest I saw all day.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Charlotte! It would be so cool to see all those flowers! You guys look like you're doing well. The food in your previous posts looks delicious too! Greetings from Switzerland!
- Emily

Kay said...

The fields of flowers look amazing Charlotte,would love to see that!
Kay

Our family... said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Anonymous said...

A Pink Impression tulip is one of my favorites, too. I think that I planted them at one time . . . I'll look in the catalogues for Seattle tulips and Pheasant Eye daffodils. Love, Bonnie