Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The New Chef of the Household

June has been great. There have been times when I've had a planned item for John to grill, but otherwise he's been in charge of the kitchen (even if the grill hasn't been used). This has been great for two reasons:

1) I haven't had to think about food as soon as we get home from work.
2) John is very good at making due with what we have, so we've been using things up.

Grilled corn on the cob was beat out for best grilled food when John made this:


A Frisco Burger.

Remember how I said John was good at making due with what we have? Well, one night I was like, "I guess we could have hamburgers," and the next thing I knew John was researching how to make Frisco burgers. The sourdough bread sitting on the counter had given him the idea, and was it ever an amazingly wonderful idea. What were the called-for ingredients?

Sourdough Bread
Hamburger
Swiss Cheese
Lettuce
Tomato
Sauteed Onions
Mayo (I had ketchup and mustard instead)

I sure hope Frisco burgers become a regular at our house!

1 comment: