Saturday, June 19, 2010

Work = Ropes Course?

This summer I'm teaching three classes which combine Canadian culture, computers, and academic learning. (I think it's hilarious that an American is teaching Canadian culture - especially since Canadians think Americans know nothing about Canada.) One of the perks of teaching this class is getting to do all kinds of fun activities besides in-the-classroom lessons. Later we'll be going blueberry picking, but yesterday we were out on a ropes course.


The students were great. Some of them were SOOO nervous but they conquered their fears and made it across the broken bridge. A team of two always went across together and it was interesting to see how the first person always took control to help the second person (me above) get across.


Trust me, being first (above) was more difficult.


It was a great day with my students.
I'm going to miss them when we leave.


No comments: