Friday, July 9, 2010

Four Years and a Day with My Love


Four years ago yesterday, John and I became man and wife. Thinking back to that day, I have many many special memories. Instead of sharing those, however, I thought I'd share the many wonderful things my husband does for me:

1) Takes care of me in every way possible when I'm sick. Like two nights ago, decided to sleep on a camping mat in the living room so that he could be by me while I slept on the couch - even though our bedroom is only 20 feet away.
2) Is willing to not only help me out at our garden but is willing to pull out 100+ thistles!
3) Has this great big hearty laugh that only comes out sometimes but makes me feel so good.
4) Wants us and our family to be happy, more than he wants his future career.
5) Loved his role in June as cook.
6) Uses his time so wisely at school in the library that he was one of only a few to finish his thesis on time - he even finished his early!
7) Is determined to do his very best in everything he does.
8) Listens to my complaints but after a short amount of time, reminds me to turn my attention elsewhere.
9) Loves God and loves people.

These are just a few things that have come to mind in the last ten minutes. I know there are hundreds of more things that are wonderful about him, but I must get back to the couch. Will this cold ever go away so I can get back to taking care of my love?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a very nice husband. And he has a very nice wife!
-your sister

Millie said...

Happy belated Anniversary! You do have an exceptional husband and you deserve him! :) I'm thankful for both of you.

Love you.

Sarah said...

Happy very belated Anniversary! I hope you are feeling better!