Sunday, July 25, 2010

Fruit Salad in Heaven

"What will be the fruit of heaven?"

This question has come up at various times and places in life. It even led us to buy cookies that animals wouldn't even eat!

Yet we never knew that in all those times we were being unbiblical. According to Revelation 22:2, there will actually be 12 fruits, one harvested each month, growing on a tree of life.

How wonderful! My favorite item to eat in summer is a fruit salad with all kinds of fresh fruits, so I'm really glad there will be more than one of them to be eaten in heaven.

So now the question is "What will be the twelve fruits of heaven?"

Here's what we think in no particular order:

1) Strawberries
2) Cherries
3) Ataulfo mangoes - basically mangoes that grow in India, not Mexico
4) Peaches
5) Orange papaya
6) Blueberries
7) Jambura - a fruit similar to pomello that grows in Bangladesh
8) Avocado
9) Pears-J/Nectarines-C
10) Oranges-J/Black Plums-C
11) Watermelon-J/Clementines-C
12) Cantaloupe-J/(I just can't make up my mind!)-C

Yum! I'm looking forward to eating in heaven!

1 comment:

Millie said...

I vote for Langley blackberries!