Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

We decided last night at about 9 o'clock to celebrate Thanksgiving with the rest of Canada today. So, the turkey bathed in a sink of cold water over night, waking us every few hours for new water (we figure that was practice for parenting), and I spent today cooking, washing dishes, cooking, and washing dishes. Check out our first ever turkey:


It was delicious and John is an amazing turkey carver.
Here's the spread:

Cranberry sauce, turkey, gravy, stuffing, mixed vegetables, and mashed potatoes

We wish you could have been here
to share it with us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish that I could have been there, too. And when Clyde learns that you served turkey AND mashed potatoes, he'll wish that he could have been there, too!
Love,
Bonnie

Our family... said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I was just telling my helper about Thanksgiving yesterday... I was trying to explain a Turkey as a big chicken and she said, "A duck?" "A swan?" hahaha.

Wish we could be there with you.

Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm... Swan.