Saturday, March 12, 2011

Birthday Food

Ever put something inside something else and then realize you're going to have a horrible time getting it out? That's what I did with my birthday cake.


I love cheesecake, and it's not really an everyday quick whip-up dessert. So it's my tradition (as of last year) to make a new kind of cheesecake for my birthdays. Last year was Cheesecake Cockaigne - absolutely divine.

This year a Fresh Raspberry Water Bath Cheesecake was on the menu. The cheesecake baked in a springform pan, which is surrounded by boiling water. The water makes the middle and the edges bake evenly, thus making the entire cake deliciously creamy. Plus, there's really no crust.

So, after mixing the ingredients up, baking them, and letting them cool, I decided to put the cake in a plastic container that was just the right size.

Well, the right size to put the cake in. Talk about a hard time getting it out. Luckily, the look of a piece of cake does not determine the taste of the first few pieces, so we were able to still enjoy all of it.


Besides the cheesecake, we went out for brunch at a local creperie to celebrate.

Birthday Mom & Babe with Strawberry Crepes

John's Crepe Omelette

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sounds like a great day! I hope you got the messages of the kids singing to you . . .