Thursday, June 28, 2012

Where has the time gone?

When I think over the last week, I ask myself what have we done with all our time?  Then I realize, well, we did a little of this...

Sleeping with Daddy


and a little of that...


napping alone

and a little more of this...

Falling asleep together while we wait for the doctor.

 That's right - a nasty bug hit our home once again.  Ugh.  I know kids get sick a lot in their first few years and it's good for them as it builds their immune systems, but John & I are really ready for the regular sickness to be over & done with.

With being sick, our social lives ended but we still had lots to do at home:


Like celebrate John's birthday with homemade donuts.  I know, they definitely don't look like donuts but they tasted like donuts!  It was my first attempt, and I learned many things, one being making donuts when it's 94 degrees is just not a good idea.


Making Gak.  Helena was very interested until it was time to touch the finished product.  Anybody have any good craft/project ideas to do with a 1 1/2 year old?


Having matching painted toenails is Helena's and my new thing.  She can barely manage to sit still long enough for one of her toes to partially dry but she loves to pretend to paint my fingernails and toenails.


Yes - a report on food!  It's been a LONG time since one of those.  Well, I've been cooking away even though there have been no posts.  I actually just finished my first Shutterfly cookbook of our favorite desserts, so there are lots of sweets to eat around here.

We're better now.  Anyone want to come over for dessert?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do! I DO!
Love,
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Sorry you've been sick. Here's to staying well through your sister's wedding!
Wish we could come over for dessert. :)
Lorina