Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Thankful

On the TTC bus today, I overheard two blind men talking. One has been blind most of his life, the other lost his sight 6 months ago. While listening to them discuss how being able to perceive enough light to know whether it is day or night is such a gift, I couldn't help but be inspired. At one point, the man who has been blind since his childhood said,

“I'll be honest with you. I've had my days of depression. But then I was reminded that God had given so much and that there are others who are less fortunate than me. I can do something to help them.”

These two men had some of most hope-filled voices that I have heard in a long time.

------

I know it's a day late, but I am so thankful for all I have.

My little girl may have a regularly appearing cough but she can see, hear, talk, walk, run, and so much more.

My husband may be spending most evenings in the library studying this semester, but I have a husband who loves me, who is willing to stay up all night with his daughter, and who wants to have a positive impact on as many people as possible.

Our family may be far away but we have managed to stay close through emails, Skype and visits.

The friends we see most often may be those who we've only known for a year or two, but how they have become people who we can depend on.

We may live in a downtown always-dusty apartment but we have so much space for Helena to move and play in – and we have two bedrooms!

Our God may be one that is sometimes confusing but He has proven Himself o'er and o'er in our short number of years.

I am thankful for all of this and more. What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for Jesus, for you, for John and Helena, and for F, E, K, E, C, K, C and R - and many, many more. Love, Bonnie