Sunday, June 16, 2013

Daddy's Day

This year we had to rename Father's Day to Daddy's Day, as we couldn't get Helena to understand that Daddy was her father, not Papa.  

 

We had a great time celebrating.  John asked to go to a Scottish or Irish restaurant with live music, so we did!  (I love that he knows what he wants to do for his holidays.)


Most people don't go out to eat to a pub at 5, so we had the place almost to ourselves.  This was great, since Helena eventually felt brave enough to dance along with the music. 


Our traditional breakfast in bed concluded with the opening of Helena's card to her dad - a candy bar card!


John, you are a great father, even if Helena doesn't realize it :)  She loves her daddy so much, and so do I.  Thank you for all you do for us!

P.S. How can I write a father's day blog post without acknowledging my great dad too?  Dad, thank you for being the best dad I could ever have.  I love you so much.

No comments: