Monday, March 1, 2010

Primer Día de Marzo

It's time for Mexican! Here's what we had for dinner tonight:

Bean burritos, Mexican rice, and Guava Jarrito

As British Columbian grocery stores have about 4 feet of aisle space dedicated to Mexican products, we made a pit stop on our way back from the States yesterday to stock up on the appropriate menu items. I'm very excited for everything we bought except for the pork rinds. My husband wanted to get them, I acquiesced, and then they STUNK up the car. Today he had some more but I told him he had to eat them outside. That's how bad they smell.

So I'm really looking for recommendations of recipes. My dear friend Mandy has already taught me some about authentic Mexican tacos - thank you Mandy - but I'd love to learn more. And yes, there are so many kinds of Mexican foods that I know of but what's your favorite?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd have to say that pork rinds are a must for any Mexican meal. I know authentic Mexican food, and it always involves pork rinds. I think you should allow your husband to eat pork rinds in the house.

-Anonymous

Our family... said...

I am waiting for the sopapilla post. :)