Saturday, February 27, 2010

Fish February is Finished.

We made it through the first month...with only one failing recipe.

But first - what did I learn? Frozen, peeled and cooked shrimp has the fishiest smell ever, and even though it's less expensive than other frozen shrimp, it is not worth it. Basa filets make amazing fish tacos. Making your own chili oil is not very hard. Waldorf salad with tuna is great. And my husband loves to grill.

Favorite recipe? Grilled Salmon from allrecipes.com. Neither of us have ever been huge salmon fans but this recipe has changed that. We have no pictures of the salmon because it was scarfed down. Sorry!

Other favorites? The grilled shrimp from this post and Fish Tostados from my sis-in-law Kari, who got it from Better Homes & Gardens.

All in all, February was a good cooking month. I like to think we're healthier for all the seafood we've been eating :) Plus, now we have more fish recipes we enjoy and one that I don't think I'd ever get tired of eating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will search for the Grilled Salmon recipe. Clyde LOVES salmon!
I hope that Mexican March is as successful as Fish February was.
Bonnie

Greg said...

Em and I made this recipe after reading your post. It's really good! I'm sure it's even better with Salmon from the coast, but I'm happy. Thanks for the tip!
Greg & Em