Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Success!

Tonight we ate marinated grilled shrimp and they were delish!


Ahhh...success is sweet. I know, I know - don't get too proud since this is only the first seafood dish. I must give credit to John, as he's the griller in our household.

Learning the difference between shrimp and prawn was one of the fish facts I wanted to learn in February, and here's the answer: there's not much difference to 99% of the world. They both grow in salt water and fresh water. They look identical unless looking through a magnifying glass. In some places large ones are called prawns and small ones are called shrimp. However, in other places it's the opposite. Culinary differences? There are really none. You can use either in recipes. If this useful information does not satisfy your learning palette, check out prawns vs. shrimp. Trust me, you'll leave the website thinking "Okay, for all practical purposes that I will ever encounter, they're the same."

No comments: