Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The "Who Knew?" Pizza


These five ingredients make a fantastic pizza. Who knew?

Preheat the pizza to 450. Grease a cookie sheet. Take eight sheets of phyllo pastry and olive oil. Lay a piece of phyllo out, then lightly brush with oil, then repeat seven more times. Roll the edges of the crust up to form an edge, and brush with olive oil. Mix 2 Tbsp. of pesto with 4 oz. of ricotta and spread over the crust. Place thinly sliced tomatoes on top and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until crust bottom is crispy.

Recipe adapted from "Phyllo Pizza w/ Ricotta & Pesto" from MinuteMeals Vegetarian

Reasons to Make the "Who Knew" Pizza:
1) Five ingredients
2) Crust is different (& less expensive than you think)
3)Pesto sauce - need I say more?
4)So easy!
5) DELICIOUS!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yum! I'm adding those FIVE ingredients to my grocery list!

Barb said...

I second the Yum! I'm going to try this recipe! Thanks! :0