Wednesday, November 16, 2011

She's all grown up.

Okay, so maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration but I do feel like Helena has reached a major milestone in life that simply says "I'm Big!"  For some it's no longer needing the car seat attachment on the stroller, for others it's eating real food, but when Helena did those things it felt pretty normal.

For me it's having her be able to go from lying down to sitting up ALL BY HERSELF.

Now I look at her and she's lying down.  Three seconds later I look again and she's sitting.  Two minutes later she's lying down again.  Or I go in her room after a nap and she's sitting up!  All I want to say is "How has all of this happened without me knowing about it?" 


I know, I need to face reality.  She's only going to be doing more and more all by herself.  Like today she began to search out ways to pull herself up into a standing position! 


While the time is going quickly and it seems like only yesterday we brought her home wrapped as a burrito, I have to say my mom is right.  I wouldn't want it any other way.



No comments: