Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Morning Date

Dates seem almost more important now that we are parents than before. So this morning a friend babysat and John & I headed to the Hockey Hall of Fame. This was definitely a date chosen with John in mind and he loved it, so it was good for me too.

Standing with the Stanley Cup Trophy

But let me just say being in this museum is hilarious. It is basically room after room of glassed-in displays of clothes (hockey jerseys) and there are men taking pictures everywhere. Then in the museum store there are more clothes and the men are the ones taking them off the racks and talking about how great they are. Just observing all of that may have been the best part of the museum for me.

Photos dealing with hockey below - I tried to pick only the somewhat interesting ones!


Remember that grocery store we visited a few days ago? Well, the above trophy has that same building right on it - when it was the hockey arena!


Sadly there were only two Vancouver Canucks jerseys in the entire museum - one in the franchise section and then this one, found in the Fan Favorite section. As the Canucks created a fan in me, I had to get my picture with it!


Do you recognize this guy? I remember the day after the Olympic Gold Medal game I went into work and was asked "Charlotte, who is this guy?" while pointing at her computer. I had no idea. It was Sidney Crosby, the player who scored the winning goal. According to my hockey lover of a co-worker, every Canadian will know who he is for the next 20 years.


The only college team jerseys to be found in the entire museum?
One from Wisconsin and one from Minnesota.
That's right.


No comments: