Sunday, July 29, 2012

Cooking Bacon in the Oven

I have a husband who loves bacon.  LOVES IT.

So I try to incorporate it into our meals somewhat often.  But really, who likes to stand at the stove and cook bacon?  It takes a good while!  Until now...

I've started to cook it in the oven - and it's a wonderful thing.


Here's what you do:

1) Preheat oven to 400.
2) Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
3) Lay out the bacon so that it's almost touching - the farther apart it is, the easier it is to burn it.
4) Cook for 15-20 minutes.  Starting at 15 minutes, watch it closely as it goes from being golden and crunchy to black and burnt pretty quickly.
5) When it's done, take it off the pan immediately and put it on a paper towel-lined plate.

Notes:
1) This above photo is obviously not mine because there's no aluminum foil.  The foil makes it so easy to clean up!  Really.  Let the pan sit for about an hour, and you'll be able to fold it up with all the grease in the foil.  NO MESS!
2) Some directions on the internet say to make it by putting the bacon on a cooling rack that is in the pan.  I didn't try it because it would mean something else to clean up - and I found there was no need.  It still gets crunchy without the rack.

3 comments:

Charlotte and John said...

Yum.

john likes this.

Kay said...

I like cooking bacon that way also.

The Werners said...

As soon as I read about the foil it made me smile. I could hear your voice telling me that the clean up would be easier. :) We will have to try this!