Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My sister is married!

The reason for our trip to Oregon was to be there to witness my sister's wedding day!


You know how something is real but all of a sudden it hits you as being REAL?  That's what happened to me when the above photo was shot.  The photographer had taken a picture of the 4 sibs and then called for a photo of the sibs with the in-laws.  I thought, "Okay, John & Kari, come on in," but then I heard Katie say "There are seven of us."  "Seven???  Oh yeah, Chris. That's right. Come on in, Chris. Welcome to the family."


They got married in a beautiful hazelnut ranch.


Emma was a great flower girl, and Charlie & Helena handed out bubbles.

 

Doesn't my mom look great in her dress?  Besides the bride, who looked amazing, and the handsome groom, my mom was the best looking one there!


Instead of one cake, they chose to get a variety of delicious cakes and tarts for dessert.  Yum, yum, yum.  I had a sampler plate of the lemon poppyseed cake and the key lime tart, and heard gushing comments about the chocolate cake, the fruit tart, and the frangipane tart.  Again, yum.


 On March 22, 1975, my mom married her love.  On March 21, 1981, my mom's sister married her love.  Do the math and their weddings were 6 years minus one day apart.  

I married my love on July 8, 2006.  My sister just got married on July 7, 2012.  Do the math and it's 6 years minus one day apart.

That's right.  Katie & Chris were meant to be  :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures! I agree with you that the mother of the bride was stunning. But I wonder: Was the father of the bride at the wedding? I didn't see any pictures of him.

Lorina said...

Yay! Your sister was a beautiful bride. Your whole family looks great. If you had a poll up where your milk bag poll is now with the question, "Do you want more wedding pictures?" I would vote yes. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bride! Cute sister of bride! Timeless beauty bride-mommy! Three loving, witty, generous women. Congratulations to Katie and Chris - cheering for you to have strength and joy in your marriage.
Also, the wedding math rocks! ~ BBS