Friday, January 21, 2011

Art Gallery of Ontario

John & I have always been dinner & a museum people, rather than dinner & a movie, so our date Wednesday night was spent at John's Italian Caffe & the Art Gallery of Ontario.


The best meal I've ever had in my life was eggplant parmesan in Italy. So when the chef at John's said the special was lasagna made with eggplant parmesan rather than noodles, my dinner choice was simple. Wow, it was good. John had gnocchi with a pesto sauce.


The AGO was a lot of fun. Instead of our usual walking around as individuals unless a new favorite piece of art showed up, we stayed together and chatted through the whole thing.


A new favorite artist did show up! William Kurelek, a 20th century Canadian, paints amazing yet really playful pictures. The painting above has the outside snow adventures painted on the canvas and the man sleeping inside on the frame. Check him out!

1 comment:

Millie said...

I think I'd really enjoy seeing Kurelek's paintings! Fun!