Tuesday, January 18, 2011

We'll be three any day now!

The countdown for Little Critter's arrival is nearing its end. Yikes! Until recently we were both feeling pretty good about our new upcoming roles. We even got our crib area all set-up!


Then, a few things happened.

Our good friends Dan & Jemma and their six-month old Levi came and stayed with us for the night. Now don't get me wrong, we had a great time with them. But after they left, John turned to me and said, "I'm nervous. The baby is with you 24/7!"


Then on Friday night I had quite a few Braxton Hicks contractions that were 14 minutes apart. All of a sudden we're thinking about actually going to the hospital to have this baby, and it was just too much for me. All I wanted was for Little Critter to stay inside for a long LONG time!

While we anxiously/patiently wait, we've been having some fun just the two of us. One night we got all dressed up and went out for a dinner at a local Polish restaurant. I had a Potato Pancake Hungarian Style, which means filled with goulash. John has Weiner Schnitzel and Potato Dumplings (Notice the fried egg - that's kind of his thing...he's had burgers, pizzas, and now schnitzel topped with fried eggs.). The food was delicious, and I loved how each dish included "a bouquet of salads on the side." See the sauerkraut, beets, and vinegar coleslaw salads?


There's a local theater near us that shows regular movies and fun features. We went and saw "The Thief of Bagdad" (not a spelling mistake!), a 1940s silent film that was accompanied with live piano. We felt that the beginning was a bit slow but once we got involved with the storyline, the music went perfectly with it and it was lots of fun!

The Thief of Bagdad

If Little Critter stays inside for until the due date, more dates are planned. But we'll see what happens!

3 comments:

Greg said...

We're praying for you guys! Can't wait to meet the little guy/gal.

The Werners said...

Levi was supposed to be on his best behavior, but obviously did not cooperate. I'll have a word with him when he wakes from his nap. You guys are going to be super parents, during every one of those 24 hrs. We are praying for you!!
Love, Levi's parents

Millie said...

I agree... you will be wonderful parents! I am so looking forward to meeting LC. You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers these days. Love you.