Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Food Addiction

I recently saw a TV show on which they said "If you think about food for more than an hour a day, you have a food addiction." Yikes! I definitely think about food more than that. John is wondering, however, if I am more of a cooking addict than a food addict.

For example, this morning as we huddled over our cereal bowls, shivering in our cold apartment, I said, "It's kind of cold in here, isn't it? You know what that means!" John replied, "Time to turn on the radiator?" "No, time to start cooking!" [Our apartment heats up pretty well when the oven is turned on.]

Even if I do have an addiction to cooking, there are times when it's important to get working in the kitchen. Like today my mom is coming! Thus, it was vital that I made a Chocolate Sweet Potato Torte at 8:30 a.m. to satisfy all of her chocolate needs, don't you think?

2 comments:

Greg said...

I like the new blog name! I was wondering what it was going to become. Touring Toronto, Strolling Across Canada, Staring at the Space Needle...

Jacob and Sanna said...

Millions of people around the world think about food for more than an hour a day---it's called cooking.