Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Rough Start to the Year

Back in college there was always some theological question coming up that made me rethink my faith. Just a few weeks ago I was telling a friend that I feel like I've moved past that point in life. Sure, there are still lots of faith-related questions that I don't have an answer to. Yet God has shown Himself to be faithful and true so many times in my life that when a tough question comes up, my thought is "I'm not sure about that but I know God is real. That's enough for me."

Funny how feeling confident in God causes curve balls to come! The year 2011 started off quite rough for us (no, nothing so far with Little Critter). I haven't been questioning whether God is real and true, but I have found little comfort in Him. Interesting how my question has gone from "Who/what is God?" to "Where are you God?"

While the Bible has been hard to crack open, the songs of Audrey Assad have been helpful to listen to over and over again. Introduced to her this November, John & I are now hooked. She reminds me of Sara Groves. Here's one of her songs that is currently resonating quite a bit:

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry things have been rough... glad it's not little critter!

I have been loving Audrey's music too! So good.

Sarah said...

I'm praying for you! Here is a song that meant so much to me a couple years ago when I was struggling with similar things . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80s6fWli-Rc

Millie said...

These are some of my favorite verses, Charlotte. They've been a comfort to me during difficult times. Know that I love you and I'm always praying for you three.

Isaiah 40:28-31
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.