Saturday, April 7, 2012

Helena & baths: a completely honest post

Over the last few days I've been working on a scrapbook of Helena's first year.  I've found myself referencing this blog numerous times, and it's been so much fun to think back on all those times with John & Helena.  So I am recommitting myself to blogging more often (something most bloggers seem to do numerous times!), and about all different parts of life involving parenting Helena and residing in Canada.  

So here's my first post after I made my resolution.  Yes, it includes pictures of me in a swimsuit, with morning hair.  So be it.

Helena has not been a fan of baths since halfway through our time in Oregon.  She cries and screams when she sees the water in the bathtub.  It was okay for awhile, but eventually one has to bathe, even if that one is only 14 months.  So two nights ago John & I put on our swimsuits and played in the bath tub while Helena watched from her Bumbo.  She smiled and watched.  After quite awhile she was wanting to play with the toys, so she tentatively stood up and came closer.  Eventually, after a bit of crying, she let me pick her up and hold her in my lap.  That was the bath for that night - basically just her bum and legs getting wet.


The next morning I played in the tub while Helena watched and John got ready for school.  


Slowly but surely she made her way across the room and into the tub to play with me.


Then she let me wash her entire body.  Success!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for taking the time to blog about your family and about your life in Canada. I LOVE to read anything - and everything - that you write. Love, Bonnie

Sonia said...

You are such a great mom, Charlotte!

Anonymous said...

That is so great! You are a super star mom!
-Lorina

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing your days with us.

The Werners said...

GENIUS!! Good work. And yeah for more blog updates. :)

Anonymous said...

Gosh - she must have had too much rain in Oregon :)