Monday, January 25, 2010

It was flat.


http://www.shortpumppreppy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/FlatTire-main_Full.jpg

Got in the car after work tonight only to hear some loud noises. Got out and yes, a tire was flat. While we changed it, I couldn't help but reminisce about other flat tires I've experienced - surprisingly all at big moments in my life until this one. Thought I'd share:

1) Dad and I were driving home from my breakfast birthday party at Pete's Place South - I think it was my 16th. We'd been on Washington Avenue for about half a minute when - POP! Of course my dad thought this was a great teaching opportunity, especially since I was just starting to drive.

Insert - This wasn't really a flat, but I must mention my high school Basic Auto class when talking about cars. My good friend Renee & I took it together, and - believe it or not - at the end of the semester, we got the award for Oil Change Experts. We changed so many cars' oil filters...and learned how to change tires. (Renee, thanks for taking that class with me. It was so much fun!)

2) John was taking me to a family event for the first time and what did we find that snowy Saturday morning? A flat tire! He had never changed a tire before but because of Basic Auto, I taught him!

3) Four days before our wedding, I left work for the last time and halfway home - you guessed it, a flat. After working on it for half an hour, my thoughts were definitely "John & I are getting a cell phone."

4) Today!

1 comment:

Our family... said...

I think you are cool for taking that auto class. You can remain my friend.