Wednesday, June 15, 2011

15 games won, not the needed 16

So the Canucks lost. I could write about my frustration with some of the events of the Finals but my husband says I shouldn't. So instead I will share two things about hockey that don't make me angry.

During the Stanley Cup Finals, most Boston Pizza restaurants in British Columbia changed their signs to this:


I don't know why but every time I think of that, I just smile.

As far as I can tell, the face of Hockey Night in Canada is Don Cherry. He is a former hockey player and coach. Besides his good predictions and explanations during the games, he's known for his suit coats. The craziness of the one below is pretty typical.


His suit coats are what first caught my attention when flipping through the channels many Hockey Nights in Canada ago. Then it was weird. Now it makes me laugh.

Well, Vancouver did not win the Stanley Cup in 2011 but I'll be cheering for them to win in 2012. Go Canucks!

1 comment:

The Werners said...

Things are crazy downtown! Embarrassing to watch how the crowd has responded. Glad to be safe at home in Langley.