Thursday, June 2, 2011

The unbelievable has happened.

Watch the video and I'll explain below.



But first, before the explanation, let me tell you a little story. One day during our first year of marriage, John called me at work to say he'd gotten free tickets for a surprise activity that night. He wouldn't tell me what it was but he'd let me guess later. That night we started the drive to downtown St. Paul and the guesses started pouring out: a movie, a musical, a concert, figure skating, etc. At one point I said, "It's not a hockey game, is it? Please, if it's a hockey game I'd rather sit in the car and do my schoolwork." As John wasn't saying yes or no to any of my guesses, it passed. When we arrived at the Xcel Center, I was sure it was figure skating as the jumbotron outside was showing just that. But when we walked in, it was none other than a pro hockey game. That night I occupied myself with people watching.

Back to the video. The video was taken during a game in which the Vancouver Canucks scored in the last few seconds, allowing for an overtime. What you heard was the city's reaction. Now the team has made it to the Stanley Cup finals!

How do the story and video go together? I now call myself a hockey fan, a Vancouver Canucks hockey fan. The unbelievable has happened.

1 comment:

The Werners said...

Hahahaha!! I read it out loud to Dan so we could enjoy it together. :)