Thursday, September 29, 2011

Moving

Tomorrow's the day.  We leave our cozy little abode for a larger suite high in the sky.

Sigh.

I've always been bad with change.  The night before we left my childhood home (I was 9), I ran into my parents' room and made them write down everything that was stored in each individual kitchen cupboard.  Why?  Because I was going to move back into that house someday and I wanted everything to be in the same place it was when I was a kid.  For Christmas I asked for a dollhouse with the same layout as our old house.

Tonight I put Helena down to sleep, and everything just came rushing back.  That wall was full of boxes until Little Critter was a few months away from coming.  Next, John & I spent one Saturday morning putting together the crib.  Then we brought home our Burrito Baby and she was TINY in her bed.  Now she's so big that she's waving (new today) and we're leaving.

Tomorrow is not going to be easy.  But can you imagine what it's going to be like to leave our new place in four years???

4 comments:

Our family... said...

Oh Charlotte! I'm so with you on the sentimental stuff. I hope it turns into something wonderful... I also hope you have lots of pictures so you can show Helena where she first lived.

Sonia said...

Hope the moving is going well today! I look forward to someday visiting you in your new place!

The Werners said...

Thinking of you and praying for you (and your backs) during this moving time.

Sarah said...

I am the same way about my homes! It seems especially hard when children are involved (whether it was myself as a child or now having my own children. . . ) I'm glad you're enjoying making new memories in your new place!