Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Little Love

Helena. I haven't blogged about her lately. Whatever I write just doesn't seem to do her any justice but I'll try.

She gives hugs and kisses. She reaches for us when someone else is holding her. She talks in a quiet voice. She laughs. She knows when we're going outside. She's eager to touch anything and everything anytime and all the time. She loves the microwave lights, the EXIT sign lights, the camera light. Just this morning, after being pulled into bed with us at 5 a.m., she kept raising her head to look over John's head to see the clock - those beautiful green lit-up numbers - to then have it fall down because she was tired. Next thing I know, I have a little hand touching my cheek. I open my eyes and there's my daughter smiling at me. "7:30, Mom, it's time to get up," just may have been her thoughts. She scoots. She seems to have decided that the kitchen table makes a great fort. She loves shoes and purses because they have long string-like things that are fun to hold. She must feed herself some food before one of her parents feeds her anything. She still makes the face of "what is this disgusting thing in my mouth" whenever she eats avocado, all three bites of it. She loves to jump in someone's arms. The look on her face shows that she can't imagine anything better. She has got to be the stillest baby when her diaper is being taken off and the squirmiest when a new one is supposed to be going on. She is fascinated with her mom's hair when wet and comforted by it when dry. She gets a huge smile on her face when she hears her dad's voice on the phone, and then immediately moves her head to confusedly look at the phone. She likes to hold her mom's thumb when nursing or her mom's leg when jumping in the Jolly Jumper. She does not like hats on her head and will typically have them off within 10 seconds of their being put on. She loves bath time. She re-found her thumb within 24 hours of her soother being taken away. She loves to be sung to when eating. She sits and sits and sits and sits and suddenly, bang, she's down. She could read Brown Bear, Brown Bear or The Fire Engine Book or Cuddly Kittens twenty times a day and still want to read them again. She smiles.

Oh, Helena, how I love your smile, your voice, your hugs. I am so glad you're mine.

3 comments:

The Werners said...

Great post....but after all that lov'n, how could you forget to post a picture of Helena??

Charlotte and John said...

I didn't forget! I actually spent 25 minutes searching for just the right video and couldn't find one that had everything in it that I was looking for, so decided to let the words stand on their own. Look for a picture tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Good luck taking that soother away.