Friday, November 19, 2010

More Pregnancy Ponderings

How has this happened? I am 30 weeks along in this pregnancy!

That's three-fourths of the way through. I remember when I had three-fourths of the way to go. It was a time full of trying to get a bowl of chicken noodle soup down at ESLI during my two-hour break between classes and evenings spent on the couch while John cooked himself dinner. I like this part of pregnancy better.

Here are my current thoughts:
1) Despite wearing pants with no zippers for three months now, I still check to make sure my fly is up before I leave the house!
2) My belly is becoming more noticeable in regular life activities. Bending over to tie shoes is becoming a little awkward. On Sunday night I tried to scoot in so someone could pass my chair, and it just wouldn't move. Yep, the belly was already touching the table.
3) There have only been a few times when I've felt really uncomfortable and they've only lasted for short stints. One spot in my mid-left back does sporadically hurt often, but can't complain too much.
4) Heartburn is making appearances. Ugh.
5) Charlie horses and toe cramps like to visit at night.

Yikes, I am complaining. I'll stop with all the body ailment thoughts, but I do need to include this little story:
A few weeks ago John came home and started complaining about his aching legs and hips from all the walking he does at school. I decided to join and complained a bit about my pregnancy pains. John responds with, "Yeah, well at least your pains are temporary."

7) Why do maternity shirts need to air dry? Come on, couldn't that one aspect of clothes & pregnancy be made simpler? And why do maternity shirts that can be dried shrink?
8) We've ordered a crib & mattress. Whew, two things off the list. All this purchasing and preparation is not easy for an indecisive woman.
9) On the other hand, shopping with John has never been more fun. We look at clothes and he finds 10 things he wants to buy. We look at strollers and he's immediately on a mission to figure out how every single stroller folds, unfolds, brakes, moves, changes height, and on and on.

Now let's move on to fun thoughts about Little Critter:
a) John thinks LC is a girl. I think LC is a boy. What do you think?
b) Movements are getting bigger. This morning was the first time I felt movement in my entire belly at the same time. I think LC is figuring out how to do quick flips! No hiccups felt yet.
c) LC is being introduced to dancing. John likes to hold onto the sides of the bump and dance with LC. No, I don't move. It's just the two of them :)
d) The last few times at the doctor's, before they measured me or even touched my stomach, the doctors have asked "Do you find that the baby is often on the right side?" That's a definite.

And the latest bump picture (taken unbeknownst to me):

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah for new LC Bump pics and updates! Thanks for sharing!

The Werners said...

I loved this post! So exciting to picture you guys getting ready for LC's arrival. Your little one is so loved already!!