Monday, November 1, 2010

Notre November

A daydream around our house is to one day open a little fresh food cafe. It already has a name: The Skinny Pukeko.



A short advertisement featuring the New Zealand Pukeko

This daydreamed cafe already has a jingle to go along with it, as well as a menu.

So, this month our kitchen is serving up Skinny Pukeko food, meaning our all-time favorite dishes. Thus, it's Notre November, meaning OUR November.

We may never have our cafe, but we would like to make our own cookbook on Shutterfly that features the food in pictures, words, and recipes. So, in preparation for the cookbook, a photo and menu description will be posted on the blog each day.

2 comments:

Our family... said...

Ooh, ooh. What an exciting November!

I used to daydream about opening a restaurant when I worked at Denny's. I would call it Side-Orders. My menu would be organized under side orders. For instance you could have ketchup with fries, ketchup with a hamburger, ketchup with hashbrowns, ranch dressing with just about anything, sour cream with potatoes, or cheese with hash browns...

I just realized, though, that I'm organizing things by condiment rather than side orders... I guess my dream really wasn't that good. Hopefully yours will do better. :)

Sarah said...

I love your new cafe! Can we get a video demo of the jingle?