Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Substance of The Skinny Pukeko

After only a few days of revealing the future menu, this notion appeared in one comment -

I don't think the pukeko will be very skinny after eating those.

This comment suggests that all the food served at The Skinny Pukeko will be slimming. Admittedly, it's logical reasoning but it's not true. (I know, maybe it's not the best name for the cafe but...) Let me tell you more about what The Skinny Pukeko will be.

First of all, I must give credit where it is due. The Skinny Pukeko will be modeled after The Posh Nosh Cafe, a restaurant I worked at for two weeks in Kerikeri, New Zealand. I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT PLACE, and that cafe is what gave me the idea of opening my own restaurant.

Okay, so The Skinny Pukeko will be a fresh food restaurant, meaning everything is made fresh there: the sauces, the drinks, the dressings, the soups, really everything. The food will be delicious and healthy, but some of the recipes will definitely include fat! It will be open from around 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., allowing for breakfast and lunch to be served. The cafe will be a place where the locals like to come to just read the newspaper and a place that pulls in tourists. The decor will be bright colors, especially the blue found on a pukeko, that just brighten the day.


Oh, and there will always be "Muffins of the Moment" next to the cash register.

Thanks for sharing my daydream.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Charlotte!
My mouth always waters looking at all of your yummy pictures! I just want to know if the Skinny Pukeko will be shipping those dishes to my house for taste testing! Thank you for the inspiration of new recipes and ideas! My family will thank you!

Oh and I would love to see a new baby bump picture! Hope you are doing well!

Sarah

Unknown said...

I eat just about all my meals at the Skinny Pukeks (as we regulars call it), and I'm still pretty skinny!

Maybe the next belly-photo post should include a picture of my belly, as proof.

-John

Sonia said...

I want to be a regular at the Skinny Pukeks and sit on the third bar stool (any high counter with stools in the grand vision?)down so I am near the kitchen and can shout in to my friend in the kitchen ideas for the next Muffin of the Moment.

Sonia

Millie said...

And I'll wait tables or wash dishes for meals!