Monday, November 29, 2010

A Trip of My Own

Since John was down in Atlanta for the Society of Biblical Literature Conference, I headed south. First stop was New Jersey at my friends Adam & Mandy's. We spent three days looking at homes, playing Monopoly, sewing and quilting, playing with their dog Moses, eating Thai or homemade pizza...it was wonderful.


If Mandy sits down on the ground, Moses immediately comes over and sits in her lap. It's so funny! He tried to sit in my lap but the belly was in the way :)


I felt so womanly, sewing curtains and being pregnant.

Then I was off to Cincinnati to visit my grandparents for Thanksgiving. My uncle had decided to fly in just a few days prior, so that was a fun surprise. I'm afraid that we really tired Mutti & Dado out with staying up late, but it was an enjoyable time for all.


What Uncle Bud does when told to "look like you love your mother".


Their cat, Chloe, was very affectionate with me all week. Her favorite spot to stand each night was right above my belly (not allowed on the belly, don't worry).


There was much to be thankful for in those nine days.

No comments: