Sunday, August 7, 2011

Monthly Challenges

A few friends of mine & I have been having monthly challenges for the last three months. It's been really fun to have a project going on with other people while I'm a stay-at-home mom life. Provides a strange sense of community.

The first month required us to take 30 photographs, one each day, of our children. The type of photograph was specified, such as a close-up, one featuring the eyes, one using bokeh, etc. It helped me to learn more about our camera, as well as get some good (and some bad) photos of Helena. Oh, and the grandparents LOVED seeing a new photo of her everyday.

Memorizing Philippians 3 was the challenge for July. I made it through verse 6.

August's challenge is right up my alley - trying four new recipes and then sharing our thoughts on them. It's great! If anyone is interested, the category for this week was a beverage and we tried Luscious Slush Punch.


Click here if you want to read the blog post about it. Also, let me know if any of you moms want to join us in the challenges!

No comments: